Laanecoorie was originally part of the "Simpson Run" and in 1840 the "Janevale" homestead was named after Simpson's wife. Gold was discovered around Laanecoorie at Jones Creek in 1853 and later on at Poseidon in 1906. The first farm was selected by the Lyon brothers in 1857.
The Loddon Miniature Steam Locomotive Society, is a group of model railway enthusiasts who operate on a monthly basis for the public to come and enjoy Miniature locomotives at their best! Track & display opens on the 4th Sunday of each month from April to November.
Every weekend there is a Sunday market on and in some cases a Saturday one as well. These range from Craft Markets, Farmers Markets and Traders Markets.
Information on Directions, times and locations are available at the park office.
Within an hours drive of the park there is a large number of Wineries. These range from large well known Wineries to smaller lesser known Boutique Wineries.
Maps, directions and information including cellar hours are available at the park office.
The Weir is a short walk from the Laanecorie Lakeside Park. This makes it an ideal location for Boating, Fishing, Swimming, Water-skiing
Laanecoorie is Just 17km to the township of Dunolly
with the major centres of Maryborough 30km and Bendigo 48km.